Peach-a-berry pie was the last drop of summer sweetness I could find. It settles your mood after a long season of heatwaves and rainstorms. The wife pulled this off with her usual cooking prowess. I managed to get a slice last night—the rest of the pie disappeared at work. A recipe is available below.
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon coarse granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place peaches and berries in a colander for about 15 minutes to drain any excess fluid , then transfer to a large bowl. Gently toss with sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Transfer to a pie crust. Dot with butter, and top with remaining crust. Cut vents in top crust, and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is golden brown.